Re: members and friends of ROCA - please post

  • fr.mark@stjamesok.org
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2001
      --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "Andrea Schulze" <anastasia_schulze@y...>
      wrote:

      > Actually it is a pity to have all those many lists: synod, roca,
      > juristictions, paradosis... the topics discussed are more or less
      the
      > same on all of them.

      I disagree that the topics are more or less the same. True
      one can find teh same contention provoking topics on each,
      but that is what I am trying to change.

      I think I also disagree with the pitiableness. As Fr
      Gregory sais, we don't have time for all this contention.

      Fr Alexander created the jurisdictions list to draw away
      the unedifying (to most) interjurisdictional debate from
      the main ORTHODOX list (@...). From what
      you say Fr John allows (and maybe enjoys?) such discussions
      on his ROCOR list and there's nothing wrong with that, but
      can we not have a place free of this tension of constant
      dialectic between Eastern Catholics, Moscow Patriarchate
      or whatever? Is ROCA such a limited interest group
      that we have nothing to discuss or disseminate amongst
      ourselves? I created orthodox-synod nearly ten years
      ago as the first sublist of the ORTHODOX list and as a
      refuge from this fare which is available on so many other
      forums as you have noted. Especially before a Great Feast
      such fare always degrades - to the joy of whom?

      priest Mark