book by St. Nicodemus the Hagiorite

  • Philosophios
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2001
      I was told by someone a while ago that there existed a little booklet in English by St. Nicodemus the Hagiorite entitled something like 'Why Orthodox Christians must not smoke.' Does anyone know of the proper title, as this is very beneficial when looking for something, or where it could be obtained from, I already looked through Krondstadt, Etna and Wildwood with no seeming success. I should very much like to find a copy. Thankyou to anyone who might be able to help me with this.

    • Theodora Petrovsky
      Message 2 of 3 , May 5, 2001
        I believe that Fr. Serge Lukianov has this booklet in
        his bookstore in Howell, New Jersey.
        Here is the contact info.:

        1613 Harvard Ave
        Brick, NJ 08724-2902

        Tel: 732/961-1917
        FAX: 732/840-4108

        Hope this helps!
        ~Theodora Petrovsky

        St. Vladimir Memorial Church
        Perrineville Rd.
        Jackson, New Jersey

        http://auctions.yahoo.com/
      • catherine elaine sullivan
        Message 3 of 3 , May 7, 2001
          I THINK that it was put out by Constantine Cavarnos, and thus should be
          available through Light and Life, since he has his other stuff there. It may
          not be exactly this one, but the topic is the same. They have an 800 number,
          and probably an e-mail.
          --- Philosophios <philosophios@...> wrote:
          > I was told by someone a while ago that there existed a little booklet in
          > English by St. Nicodemus the Hagiorite entitled something like 'Why Orthodox
          > Christians must not smoke.' Does anyone know of the proper title, as this is
          > very beneficial when looking for something, or where it could be obtained
          > from, I already looked through Krondstadt, Etna and Wildwood with no seeming
          > success. I should very much like to find a copy. Thankyou to anyone who
          > might be able to help me with this.

          =====
          Catherine