Re: [orthodox-synod] RE: An MP Clergyman says: "By Their Fruits Shall Ye Know Them"

  • V. J. Boitchenko
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2001
      I think it just says "to pray for our Patriarch" i.e. "Lord have mercy" if I understand it correctly.

      states: "Now, I simply don't know how to pray for our Patriarch at every
      service; to ask the Lord to commemorate him, first of all." ("Ya nye znayu,
      kak teper' na kazhdoi sluzhbe molitsya za nashego Patriarkha, prosit'
      Gospoda pervym pomyanut' yego.") This seems to imply that the writer is a
      member of the clergy -- at least, a deacon -- for no lay-person, to the
      best of my knowledge, exclaims the petitions of an ektenya! The laity
      merely utter the refrain. Hence, my Subject title.