[orthodox-synod] Re: Littleton

  • Protodeacon Alex Kotar
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9, 1999
      Dear God,

      Why didn't you save the children of Littleton School?

      Sincerely,
      Student

      Dear Student,

      I am not allowed in schools.

      Sincerely,
      God

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/orthodox-synod
    • LJames6034@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 9, 1999
        Rather pointed, but, seriously:

        So long as there are tests, there will always be prayer in school.

        I have suggested the schools be required to recite: "Hail Mary, full of
        grace, the Lord is with thee, O Virgin Theotokos. Blessed art thou amongst
        women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, for thou hast borne the Saviour
        of our souls."

        That way, everyone can be offended (except the Orthodox).

        It is not prayer in school that is the issue. The issue is Protestant
        hegemony. They want what they had during the 19th century. That is gone,
        because they were so offensive aboutr it.

        eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/orthodox-synod
      • Mark Markish
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 9, 1999
          > Rather pointed, but, seriously:
          >
          > So long as there are tests, there will always be prayer in school.

          So long as most of the students couldn't care less about the results,
          prayer will be nearly non-existent.

          eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/orthodox-synod