[orthodox-synod] MARRIAGE TAX RELIEF

  • Ernest O'Dell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 31, 1999
      This is a message that was forwarded to me by a good friend in Texas.
      Although many of us may be single and this may not apply to us, it may
      affect us in the future should some of us, who are single, decide to get
      married. For those of you who are married, this may be of interest to
      you. I only pass it along to you for your information.

      O anaxios,
      Andreas

      From: texascc@... (TXCC ACTIVISTS)
      To: TXCC ACTIVISTS <texascc@...>
      Subject: MARRIAGE TAX RELIEF?
      Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 17:03:00 -0500

      TEXAS CHRISTIAN COALITION July 30, 1999
      ACTIVIST UPDATE Circulate through Aug.4th

      --------------------
      MARRIAGE TAX RELIEF?
      --------------------

      The U.S. Senate has passed a tax cut bill worth just under $800
      billion. Senators Gramm and Hutchison of Texas led the fight to
      support strong and immediate tax relief for American families. The
      Senate version does include some marriage tax relief.

      Representatives from the House and Senate will soon be gathering
      together in conference to iron out the differences in the competing
      proposals. What emerges from these discussions will be voted on by
      both houses of Congress and sent to the President.

      Even at this late hour, you can still influence the process. It is
      important that you contact your Congressmen and Senators immediately
      and let them know that no tax cut is complete without the eradication
      of the Marriage Tax Penalty.

      The average married couple pays an extra $1400 per year in taxes
      because they elected to marry rather than live together. Texas
      Christian Coalition believes that taxing couples simply because they
      are married is immoral and anti-family.

      President Clinton continues to maintain that government bureaucrats
      know how to spend your hard-earned money better than you do. He has
      threatened to veto this tax cut package. It is important that you
      contact your Congressmen and Senators and ask them to stand firm
      against the radical left that threatens the solvency of the American
      family.

      -------------
      ACTION NEEDED
      -------------

      1. Call your Congressmen and Senators immediately and let them know
      that you support the end of the Marriage Tax Penalty. The
      Congressional switchboard phone number is: (202) 225-3121

      If you need to know who your Congressman is, click here:

      http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/fyi/address.htm

      The phone numbers for our Senators are as follows:

      Senator Phil Gramm - (202) 224-2934
      Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison - (202) 224-5922

      --
      TEXAS CHRISTIAN COALITION
      texascc@...