Gift for Holy Week

  • frandrew@telusplanet.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2001
      Dear Brethern,

      As we approach the Holiest tiime of the year for us Orthodox Christians, we here at Monasterypress wanted to greet all of you with the coming Feast
      of our Lord. Truly we as Orthodox Christians live from "Pascha to Pascha." As a small gift of thanks for all of you who have encouraged us in our
      publications and those who perhaps are not acquainted with our work we wish to offer a small gift....

      http://www.monasterypress.com/gift.html

      Here you will find three chapters from our next publication "The Royal Way of the Cross of Our Lord... Leading to Eternal Life." This book was
      originally published in 1709 by Saint John ( Maximovitch) of Tobolsk and then edited and reprinted by Optina Monastery in 1889 under Elder
      Moses. It is a wonderfully powerful explanation of the true Path to salvation, full of scriptural references and the writings of many Church Fathers.

      Please understand that in a few places the text is still a little rough from translation and so will be a bit cryptic. We ask your patience.

      Again we greet all of you with the final days of this blessed period. Father Seraphim Rose called it "the Springtime of the soul"

      Sincerly,
      Priest Andrew Kencis

      Western Canada