Re: Henry 8th (Was: St Patriarch Tikhon)

  • orthodixie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 27 6:55 AM
      Fr Steven writes:

      > Is it true that they used to put a vigil lamp in front of a picture of
      Henry
      > the Eighth there?

      Apocryphal stories abound. I don't believe St Tikhon ever did this. :)

      Though today, if you visit Nashotah House, the original Chapel -- because of
      it's colour was always known as the "Red Chapel" -- has been renamed "St
      Tikhon's Chapel." Talk about irony!

      Fr Joseph Huneycutt
      St Nicholas Church (ROCOR)
      Fletcher, NC
      http://www.stnicholasparish.org
    • Fr. Gregory Williams
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 27 7:06 AM
        >Fr Steven writes:
        >
        >> Is it true that they used to put a vigil lamp in front of a picture of
        >Henry
        >> the Eighth there?
        >
        >Apocryphal stories abound. I don't believe St Tikhon ever did this. :)
        >
        >Though today, if you visit Nashotah House, the original Chapel -- because of
        >it's colour was always known as the "Red Chapel" -- has been renamed "St
        >Tikhon's Chapel." Talk about irony!

        No fair! It was dedicated to St. Silvanus (pope of Rome, no less!).
        --
        --Fr. Gregory Williams

        1180 Orthodox Way
        Liberty, TN 37095-4366 USA

        Phone: (615) 536-5239
        FAX: (615) 536-5945
        E-mail: frgregory@...
      • Fr. Steven Ritter
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 27 7:21 AM
          No, no! I didn't mean to say that St. Tikhon authorized that! Just that some
          seminarians had put it there.

          Fr. Steven

          orthodixie@... wrote:

          > Fr Steven writes:
          >
          > > Is it true that they used to put a vigil lamp in front of a picture of
          > Henry
          > > the Eighth there?
          >
          > Apocryphal stories abound. I don't believe St Tikhon ever did this. :)
          >
          > Though today, if you visit Nashotah House, the original Chapel -- because of
          > it's colour was always known as the "Red Chapel" -- has been renamed "St
          > Tikhon's Chapel." Talk about irony!
          >
          > Fr Joseph Huneycutt
          > St Nicholas Church (ROCOR)
          > Fletcher, NC
          > http://www.stnicholasparish.org

        • Fr. Mark Mancuso
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 27 7:44 AM
            --- "Fr. Steven Ritter" <frsteven@...>
            wrote:
            > No, no! I didn't mean to say that St. Tikhon
            > authorized that! Just that some
            > seminarians had put it there.

            Seminarians who, no doubt, were trying to prove their
            manhood...if you catch my drift ;-)

            Fr. Mark

            =====
            Rev. Fr. Mark T. Mancuso
            St Elizabeth the New-Martyr Orthodox Mission
            Russian Orthodox Church Abroad
            Columbia, South Carolina
            http://www.stelizabeth.net
            information@...