Friends of ROCOR?

  • Father Maximos
    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 19, 2001
      According to the official description of this group it is for:

      >An interest group for members and friends of
      >the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad (ROCA/ROCOR).

      Yet I notice that people such as Father Elia the " Acting Exarch "
      for some spurious body, who continues to proclaim that ROCOR is no
      longer a Church,on his web site he writes:

      > The present fraud of the ROCA is that it is a church at
      >all, that is that it has any contact with the One Holy
      >Catholic and Apostolic Church,has Grace, has real bishops,
      >real Mysteries etc.

      How can he possibly considered a " friend or member" of Our Church?

      Rev.Hieromonk Maximos
      Ascension Monastery
      Russian Orthodox Church Abroad
      706-277-9442
      http://www.monastery.org

    • larry most
      Message 34 of 34 , Jan 1, 2006
        GLORY TO JESUS CHRIST GLORY TO HIM FOREVER
        Dear Joanne,
        "Does this mean that I have to pray with this man".
        How incredibly sad. This is Orthodoxy, I hope not.
        Love in Christ,
        Sub-deacon Lawrence Most

        --- Joanne Gadzinski <joasia9@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > someone does not fit the
        > basic definition of a member of the list ("member"
        > or "friend" of ROCOR), it
        > is NOT persecution on the part of the list to point
        > that out.
        > In order to be a member or even a friend of
        > ROCOR, you have to first
        > of all respect the decisions of its hierarchs--else
        > you are not a friend,
        > but at enmity. What can be clearer?
        > The fact that Mr. Kozyreff has more time on
        > his hands than the rest of
        > us, and can work backwards from *any* given
        > statement to the conclusion that
        > he wishes to draw, still does not make him a "friend
        > of ROCOR." It simply
        > makes him persistent.
        > This gets to the heart of the deception of
        > those who left ROCOR, but
        > who falsely consider themselves the "real"
        > ROCOR--whether they be
        > Mansonville, Suzdal', or Brookline.... in this way
        > they think themselves
        > "friends" when they are really in very basic enmity
        > to the Church and in
        > disobedience to Her hierarchs. In fact, the people
        > being "persecuted" here
        > are our hierarchs, who are being called "so-called."
        >

        > Dimitra
        > ROCOR
        >

        > >It is my hope that the moderator will review these
        > comments below
        > >carefully and explain how can this be considered "a
        > friend of the
        > >Russian Church Abroad." My understanding is that
        > this list is for
        > >members of the Russian Church Abroad, and that
        > friends of the
        > >RussianChurch Abroad may participate. How can
        > someone who
        > >claims that are bishops are "so-called bishops" be
        > on this list?
        >
        > >I ask that the moderator consider this matter
        > seriously and take
        > what > he sees as
        > >proper action.
        >
        > >In Christ,
        > >Priest Victor Boldewskul
        >
        > I have no doubt that many here would welcome
        > Vladimir Kozyreff's
        > expulsion not only because they are not accustomed
        > to criticism but
        > also because Vladimir is a good writer whose writing
        > makes them
        > uncomfortable. His standpoint can be criticised &
        > defeated, but
        > should not serve as grounds for any persecution.
        >
        > John Walker
        >

        > Archives located at
        >

        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >
        > Visit your group "orthodox-synod" on the web.

        > Terms of Service.

        > Take advantage of powerful junk e-mail filters built
        > on patented Microsoft®
        > SmartScreen Technology.

        > Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN® Premium
        > right now and get the
        > first two months FREE*.

        > Join modern day disciples reach the disfigured and

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/B6T8nB/Vp3LAA/EcBKAA/m.VolB/TM

        Just $16.99/mo. or less.
        dsl.yahoo.com