Re: [orthodox-synod] Candles and censers!

  • B Peter Brandt-Sorheim
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 5, 2001
      > 1. Candles: How should beeswax candles be extinguished before the
      > six psalms to reduce smoke and still leave an adequate wick?

      A suggestion, use a thick candle and it roll up the side of the top of
      the burning candle and over the burning wick quickly to snuff the
      flame
      out without smoke. Then roll back upwards to push the still pliable
      wick into a good position for being relit later.
      Peter

      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
    • Paul Ferrari
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 5, 2001
        Actually, regarding Archbishop Nicholai: He has three daughters; He and his
        wife agreed to separate at the second request of the patriarch more than a
        year after having refused the first request; He was tonsured a monk before
        his elevation. As far as I know there is only one other Bp. in Georgia who
        had been a married priest. He is much older than Bp. Nicholai (grown
        children) and was also tonsured a monk before elevation. I did not meet him.

        Paul
        , Bp. Nikolai, who
        recently have been visiting Jordanville become
        Bishop just one month after his third son was born,
        although I don't know if he get divorced or not. And
        so and so, I'm not even talking about second or third
        times married priests.
        Subdeacon Kirill
        P.S. For those who are on a list, where it was
        published originally, I do apologize for mistakes,
        that has been made.