Re: [orthodox-synod] Pussy Willow Preservation

  • jeromeleo@juno.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 2, 2001
      I hate to sound naive, but do they have to be fresh? How will that
      matter, except that those who want to root them in water afterwards will
      not be able to. Pussy willow quite obviously retains its appearance for
      years behind an icon. As long as they look OK, will it really matter?
      Don't put them in water, or you WILL have bushes by the end of the Fast!

      Love,
      Lev

      On Fri, 2 Mar 2001 08:13:03 EST orthodixie@... writes:
      > Fathers, Brothers & Sisters,
      >
      > Just last night, a friend of the parish dropped off a substantial
      > supply of
      > cut pussy willow branches. Other than a huge empty fridge, which,
      > even in
      > the Fast, I do not have -- are there ways to keep these fresh/whole
      > till Palm
      > Sunday?
      >
      > Help appreciated.
      >
      > in Christ,