Forgiveness

  • jeromeleo@juno.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2001
      I ask pardon of all whom I have offended. I pardon and willingly pray for
      all who have offended me.

      Heard a great quote today, that I think is appropriate to this day. I'll
      have to paraphrase, but the gist of it was something like we often
      protest that we were only speaking the truth in love, however we do so
      with far too much relish. Or, as one of my confessors put it years ago:
      "There is a difference between the virtue of honesty and the vice of
      brutal frankness."

      I have been a Russophile all my life. I love the Slavs and the Russian
      Church. However, one thing has always bothered me: the apparently racial
      trait of extreme belligerence. I see that flare up here and it saddens
      me. Might that not be examined? Might we not put our words in the mouth
      of Christ and see how they'd fare there? I wonder...

      I continue to enjoy the list, but I must say, as perhaps only a newcomer
      could, that the seemingly high level of heartlessness and sarcasm towards
      those who disagree with some bothers me. It seems far less than Orthodox
      to have such meanness for people. Ideas, maybe, heresy, yes, but those
      ideas and heresies are held by people and we must distinguish in
      Christian charity between the two. No one is undeserving of our prayers
      and hope for their conversion. No one. I often get the impression that
      some here feel otherwise.

      Lev
      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
    • Felipe Ortiz
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14 7:46 AM
        Dear brethren,

        Please forgive me for all the offenses I made against you, manifest or
        not, either with my improper words or my judgemental thoughts. Please
        pray for me, a sinner.

        I wish all of you a blessed Lent and a holy Pascha.

        Felipe Ortiz
        an unworthy catechumen
        Holy Trinity Church (ROCOR) -- São Paulo, Brazil
      • greshni
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 14 11:10 AM
          My dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

          I beg you to forgive my sins which I have committed against any of
          you, both voluntary and involuntary. I pray to our Lord, and God, and
          Savior, Jesus Christ that He will forgive us all and grant us all a
          blessed and spiritually profitable Great and Holy Lent.

          Truly, the worst of sinners,
          The unworthy servant of God,
          Nicholas Steblez
        • Carol Surgant
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2007
            May you all have a blessed Holy Week, Annuciation Feast and Pascha!

            What a blessed relief from discussion of church politics -- to trade
            recipes for red eggs and pascha cheese.

            May we all truly pray on Pascha: "let us embrace one another and say,
            O brethren, even to those that hate us, let us forgive all things on
            the Resurrection..."

            Pray for me and forgive me a sinner,
            Carol (Ksenia) Surgant