Re: Sv: Sv: [orthodox-synod] the Straits , the Narrowing Way

  • Paul Drozdowski
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 22, 2001
      >"The Last Tsar" by Edvard Radzinsky, does it not count in here
      >somewhere?

      Edvard Radzinsky is Jewish, and not sympathetic to the Orthodox Church, and
      it shows in his book... Besides, he believed that the New Martyr Anastasia
      escaped. I prefer Massie's books any day....

      Oh! And there also was the book about the memoirs of Charles Sydney Gibbes,
      the English tutor to the children. It was called The House of Special
      Purpose, refering to the Ipatiev House. A beautiful book... and all the more
      remarkable since he ended up converting after WW I and became an
      Archimandrite in ROCOR. Unfortunately, I think it might be out of print
      now....

      ~reader Paul Drozdowski