Sv: [orthodox-synod] An Alternative Conspiracy Theory

  • Nikolaj
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 23, 2001
      The below posting
      shows exactly the results
      of the void of serious english language Orthodox books
      about the Protocols - Rasputin - Russian Tsarist Ideology
      and so on.

      When people have to rely on western-influenced humanistic
      "historians" and non-orthodox books for trying to understand
      the complex mechanisms of the anti-orthodox forces of evil
      in this world, things get mixed up, and no clear vision is to be
      gained from such self-contradictory efforts.

      Indeed St John of Kronstadt blessed the publishing,
      and he also that it was important to print this book
      and get people to read it. (for example Platonov - "Zagadka
      sionskikh protokolov" p. 271.)
      Personally I believe more in the blessing of a book by St John
      of Kronstadt than some un-orthodox "analysis", most often
      made by the very people, that feels themselves exposed by
      the Protocols.

      This neither makes me an anti-semite (whatever that is?)
      Nor does it make me a communist - rather the contrary.
      What you say about the slandering and stamping of
      groups and individals reading the protocols is true,
      but it is not true that Pamyat was/is not persecuted.
      Every time they make a march on July 17th or at other
      important dates they are attacked and jailed.
      The trend in Pamyat is not very Orthodox I believe.
      They talk more about "uniting the right-wing parties"
      than about the Spiritual concepts of Holy Russia.
      Without Orthodox Christianity such movements
      become fascist style or at least very spiritually empty to
      say the least.

      I must admit that I believe more in the Tsaritsa Martyr than in various
      un-orthodox "sources" saying that the Tsar did not believe
      the Protocols. He still read them in Ekaterinburg. Nilus' book
      was bought wholesale by the mason Kerensky in 1917
      and Kerensky did all he could to remove this book from
      every bookstore and every library in Russia.
      When Lenin took over, people were shot on the spot
      for merely possesing a copy of Nilus' book!
      When Nilus was arrested by the bolsheviks, he
      told them after they had tortured him, "If you kill
      me, it will prove that the protocols are true", to
      which the cheka officer answered "and this is exactly whay
      we will not kill you!"

      I wish you all a blessed Fast, and I beg your
      forgiveness if I have hurt or insulted any of you.
      Please pray for me poor sinner.

      Signing off for Lent.