Re: Crisi in ROCOR

  • Fr. John Whiteford
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 11, 2001
      "Michael Nikitin" writes:

      "Why a change of policy by ROCOR?"

      I respond: You have not established that there has
      been a change in policy. You have asserted it, but
      since the ROCA has been in communion with the Serbs
      for as long as it has existed, and has always
      considered itself temporary... where is the change in
      policy?

      MN: "Why did ROCOR decided to have liturgical
      communion with the Serbian Church...?"

      Me: Because Metropolitan Anthony Khrapovitsky took a
      shine to the Serbs during the time he was living
      there.

      MN: "The Fr. Whiteford's method: Post on your site
      material that rivals Dear Abby or Ann Landers for
      content."

      Me: Can you tell me what is inaccurate in it, or why
      you would be worried about it were you not in HOCNA?

      MN: "Fr. Whiteford asks where am I? I am there were
      concern is about parishes leaving ROCOR."

      Me: You are there to point them to HOCNA. If you were
      giving us your real name, and you belonged to a real
      ROCA parish, you would tell us.

      MN: "Fr. Whiteford seems to think that everyone who
      writes against Ecumenism or MP is a HOCNAite."

      Me: No, but I suspect that people who feel a need to
      promote HOCNA and defend Panteleimon are probably
      Panteleimonites.

      =====
      * Fr. John Whiteford IC -|- XC *
      * St. Jonah of Manchuria Orthodox Mission | *
      * Serving the Spring, Woodlands, \| *
      * and Conroe, Texas area. |\ *
      * http://pages.prodigy.net/frjohnwhiteford/ NI | KA *

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/