Ottawa court case resolution

  • Christopher Birchall
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2001
      Bishop Michael has asked me to let you know that today at 2pm the Ontario
      Supreme Court of Justice rendered a verdict completely in favour of the
      Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia in the case of Holy Protection Church
      in Ottawa. We now have unrestricted occupancy of the church and control of
      the parish administration. The court also acknowleged the binding legal
      authority of our church's Normal Parish Bylaws over the running of the
      parish, which is an important legal precedent. Vladika has requested the
      clergy in the Canadian diocese especially to give thanks to God for this
      successful outcome.

      protodeacon Christopher Birchall
      Vancouver, Canada