Re: for MP oriented only

  • Michael Nikitin
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1 10:32 AM
      From: "Michael Nikitin"

      Why eschew the facts Fr.John?

      It is obvious, the Serbia n Church is in Ecumenism and if ROCOR bishops
      or priest serve with Serbs they fall under it's own Anathema Against
      Ecumenism.
      They, Dr. Vladimir Moss and later HOCNA
      http://www.cybercom.net/~htm/1986.htm
      left for this reason and did so rightly.

      You wrote that the Anathema of 1983 does not exist, but it was again
      reinstated by Sobor of 1998.
      It is being watered down a bit but did not disappear altogether.

      Please read: http://www.listok.com
      The poor parishes which left the MP are refusing to return to MP.
      ROCOR is betraying these parishes as England betrayed
      the Kozaks after the World War II.

      Where has ROCOR gone? Why?

      > Fr.John Shaw, it doesn't make you sad to see
      >the Serbs compromising their faith by serving with the Catholic Church?

      I saw no mention of "the Serbs serving with the Catholic Church".
      The article onl y said that "representatives were present"--and this was
      the voice of the Vatican speaking. The representatives could have
      consisted of Mrs. Zagorka Jezdimirovich standing among the crowd.

      Serbian Patriarchate was presented by bishop Lavrentij o f Shabach and
      Valevo, Moscow Partiarchate -- by bishop Innokentij of Korsun, Ecumenical --
      by metr. Gennady, Romanian -- by archbishop Joseph, Bulgarian -- by metr.
      Galaktion (who used this chance to invite the pope to his country), etc..
      They were not "among the crowd", but participated. This service was reported
      by a number of news agencies , including some of the Russian ones. This is a
      regular service, they serve for several years, only the bishops change, and
      in 2000 Serbian part iarchate sent even two bishops there. I have a picture
      of 2000 service. (And here is one more report).

      ORTHODOX, PROTESTANT LEADERS JOIN ECUMENICAL SERVICE

      VATICAN, Jan. 24, 01 (CWNews.com) -- Some 23 representatives of
      different Christian commu nities will join in an ecumenical liturgical
      service on January 25, with Pope John Paul II presiding, as the Week
      of Prayer for Christian Unity comes to a close.

      The Holy Father will lead the ecumenical service at the basilica of St.
      Paul outsid e the Walls. He will be joined by 17 representatives of
      Orthodox churches, 5 Protestant leaders, and a Lutheran bishop.

      Among the Orthodox leaders participating in the ceremony, the
      Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople will be represented by
      Metro politan Gennadios of the Greek Orthodox Church in Italy. The
      Russian Orthodox Patriarch of Moscow will be represented by Bishop
      Innokenti, who heads the Russian Orthodox community in France.

      Other Orthodox leaders who are sending representatives incl ude the
      patriarchs of Alexandria, Antioch, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, and
      Albania. Oriental Orthodox representatives will include those of the
      Coptic Orthodox, Syrian Orthodox, Syrian Malankara, Assyrian
      Orthodox, and Armenian Apostolic churches.

      The Protestant clerics who participate in the ceremony will represent
      the Anglican, Methodist, Baptist, Evangelical, and Lutheran
      communities.

      *************************

      Yours sincerely,
      Olga Mitrenina
      www.roac-suzdal.narod.ru

    • Fr. John Whiteford
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1 10:53 AM
        Since "Michael Nikitin" has posted a link to a
        Panteleimonite site, here is a link to a site with (as
        Paul Harvey would say) the rest of the story:

        http://pages.prodigy.net/frjohnwhiteford/hocna_facts.htm

        =====
        * Fr. John Whiteford IC -|- XC *
        * St. Jonah of Manchuria Orthodox Mission | *
        * Serving the Spring, Woodlands, \| *
        * and Conroe, Texas area. |\ *
        * http://pages.prodigy.net/frjohnwhiteford/ NI | KA *

        a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/