Re: for MP oriented only

  • Michael Nikitin
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 31, 2001
      Fr.John Shaw, it doesn't make you sad to see
      the Serbs compromising their faith by serving with the Catholic Church?

      Doesn't this make ROCOR fall under it's own
      Anathema Against Ecumenism by serving with Serbs?

      One certainly would catch the disease if he were to be
      intimate with a diseased entity.

      What pertains to Faith, there is NO compromise
      even if feelings are hurt as a consequence.
      Because by compromising Faith we insult God.

      On Tue, 30 Jan 2001, Kiril Bart wrote:

      > > VATICAN IN FORMATION SERVICE
      > > Paul's Outside-the-Walls, John Paul II, together with representatives of
      >...the Patriarchate of Serbia,

      > > Following this, the Holy Father gave a homily in
      >which he affirmed that

      > > "have had very signifi cant results," the Holy
      >Father stated: "We certainly > have not reached the half-way point, but we
      >have taken important steps

      > > "We must forget the shadows and wounds of the
      >past." He reaffirmed that

      > > - Erected the apostolic exarchate for
      >Byzantine-rite Catholics in the > Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia,
      >with territory taken from the > diocese of Krizevci of the faithful of the
      >Byzantine-rite. The Holy Father > appointed Bishop Joakim Herbut of Skopje
      >as first exarch of the > newly-erected apostolic exarchate. >
      >NER:ECE/.../BUSQUETS:HERBUT VIS 20010125 (110)

      This might be described as a "Vatican smile".

    • Rev. John R. Shaw
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 31, 2001
        On Wed, 31 Jan 2001, Michael Nikitin wrote:

        > Fr.John Shaw, it doesn't make you sad to see
        > the Serbs compromising their faith by serving with the Catholic Church?

        I saw no mention of "the Serbs serving with the Catholic Church".
        The article only said that "representatives were present"--and this was
        the voice of the Vatican speaking. The representatives could have
        consisted of Mrs. Zagorka Jezdimirovich standing among the crowd.

        IN Chicago a few years ago it was debated where to hold the
        Triumph of Orthodoxy service, for which a large congregation was expected.
        The RC diocese offered the use of a church building of theirs, which was
        currently not in use. The Serbian clergy stated that, if the RC church
        were used, they would not participate--and on that basis, the offer was
        declined.

      • Olga Mitrenina
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 31, 2001
          > > Fr.John Shaw, it doesn't make you sad to see
          > > the Serbs compromising their faith by serving with the Catholic Church?
          >
          > I saw no mention of "the Serbs serving with the Catholic Church".
          > The article only said that "representatives were present"--and this was
          > the voice of the Vatican speaking. The representatives could have
          > consisted of Mrs. Zagorka Jezdimirovich standing among the crowd.

          Serbian Patriarchate was presented by bishop Lavrentij of Shabach and
          Valevo, Moscow Partiarchate -- by bishop Innokentij of Korsun, Ecumenical --
          by metr. Gennady, Romanian -- by archbishop Joseph, Bulgarian -- by metr.
          Galaktion (who used this chance to invite the pope to his country), etc..
          They were not "among the crowd", but participated. This service was reported
          by a number of news agencies , including some of the Russian ones. This is a
          regular service, they serve for several years, only the bishops change, and
          in 2000 Serbian partiarchate sent even two bishops there. I have a picture
          of 2000 service. (And here is one more report).

          ORTHODOX, PROTESTANT LEADERS JOIN ECUMENICAL SERVICE

          VATICAN, Jan. 24, 01 (CWNews.com) -- Some 23 representatives of
          different Christian communities will join in an ecumenical liturgical
          service on January 25, with Pope John Paul II presiding, as the Week
          of Prayer for Christian Unity comes to a close.

          The Holy Father will lead the ecumenical service at the basilica of St.
          Paul outside the Walls. He will be joined by 17 representatives of
          Orthodox churches, 5 Protestant leaders, and a Lutheran bishop.

          Among the Orthodox leaders participating in the ceremony, the
          Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople will be represented by
          Metropolitan Gennadios of the Greek Orthodox Church in Italy. The
          Russian Orthodox Patriarch of Moscow will be represented by Bishop
          Innokenti, who heads the Russian Orthodox community in France.

          Other Orthodox leaders who are sending representatives include the
          patriarchs of Alexandria, Antioch, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, and
          Albania. Oriental Orthodox representatives will include those of the
          Coptic Orthodox, Syrian Orthodox, Syrian Malankara, Assyrian
          Orthodox, and Armenian Apostolic churches.

          The Protestant clerics who participate in the ceremony will represent
          the Anglican, Methodist, Baptist, Evangelical, and Lutheran
          communities.

          *************************

          Yours sincerely,
          Olga Mitrenina
          www.roac-suzdal.narod.ru
        • Michael Nikitin
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
            From: "Michael Nikitin"

            Why eschew the facts Fr.John?

            It is obvious, the Serbia n Church is in Ecumenism and if ROCOR bishops
            or priest serve with Serbs they fall under it's own Anathema Against
            Ecumenism.
            They, Dr. Vladimir Moss and later HOCNA
            http://www.cybercom.net/~htm/1986.htm
            left for this reason and did so rightly.

            You wrote that the Anathema of 1983 does not exist, but it was again
            reinstated by Sobor of 1998.
            It is being watered down a bit but did not disappear altogether.

            Please read: http://www.listok.com
            The poor parishes which left the MP are refusing to return to MP.
            ROCOR is betraying these parishes as England betrayed
            the Kozaks after the World War II.

            Where has ROCOR gone? Why?

            > Fr.John Shaw, it doesn't make you sad to see
            >the Serbs compromising their faith by serving with the Catholic Church?

            I saw no mention of "the Serbs serving with the Catholic Church".
            The article onl y said that "representatives were present"--and this was
            the voice of the Vatican speaking. The representatives could have
            consisted of Mrs. Zagorka Jezdimirovich standing among the crowd.

            Serbian Patriarchate was presented by bishop Lavrentij o f Shabach and
            Valevo, Moscow Partiarchate -- by bishop Innokentij of Korsun, Ecumenical --
            by metr. Gennady, Romanian -- by archbishop Joseph, Bulgarian -- by metr.
            Galaktion (who used this chance to invite the pope to his country), etc..
            They were not "among the crowd", but participated. This service was reported
            by a number of news agencies , including some of the Russian ones. This is a
            regular service, they serve for several years, only the bishops change, and
            in 2000 Serbian part iarchate sent even two bishops there. I have a picture
            of 2000 service. (And here is one more report).

            ORTHODOX, PROTESTANT LEADERS JOIN ECUMENICAL SERVICE

            VATICAN, Jan. 24, 01 (CWNews.com) -- Some 23 representatives of
            different Christian commu nities will join in an ecumenical liturgical
            service on January 25, with Pope John Paul II presiding, as the Week
            of Prayer for Christian Unity comes to a close.

            The Holy Father will lead the ecumenical service at the basilica of St.
            Paul outsid e the Walls. He will be joined by 17 representatives of
            Orthodox churches, 5 Protestant leaders, and a Lutheran bishop.

            Among the Orthodox leaders participating in the ceremony, the
            Ecumenical Patriarch of Constantinople will be represented by
            Metro politan Gennadios of the Greek Orthodox Church in Italy. The
            Russian Orthodox Patriarch of Moscow will be represented by Bishop
            Innokenti, who heads the Russian Orthodox community in France.

            Other Orthodox leaders who are sending representatives incl ude the
            patriarchs of Alexandria, Antioch, Serbia, Romania, Bulgaria, and
            Albania. Oriental Orthodox representatives will include those of the
            Coptic Orthodox, Syrian Orthodox, Syrian Malankara, Assyrian
            Orthodox, and Armenian Apostolic churches.

            The Protestant clerics who participate in the ceremony will represent
            the Anglican, Methodist, Baptist, Evangelical, and Lutheran
            communities.

            *************************

            Yours sincerely,
            Olga Mitrenina
            www.roac-suzdal.narod.ru

          • Fr. John Whiteford
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2001
              Since "Michael Nikitin" has posted a link to a
              Panteleimonite site, here is a link to a site with (as
              Paul Harvey would say) the rest of the story:

              http://pages.prodigy.net/frjohnwhiteford/hocna_facts.htm

              =====
              * Fr. John Whiteford IC -|- XC *
              * St. Jonah of Manchuria Orthodox Mission | *
              * Serving the Spring, Woodlands, \| *
              * and Conroe, Texas area. |\ *
              * http://pages.prodigy.net/frjohnwhiteford/ NI | KA *

              a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/