Text of Prayers for Serbia and the Holy Land

  • fool4chr@micron.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2001
      Peter (tallman@...)asked if the text of the prayers for Serbia
      and the Holy Land
      are available at a web site. While I do not know of any sites, I do
      have copies of these prepared for insertion in my prayer book for use
      during the Divine Liturgy. With the thought that perhaps Peter is
      not alone in seeking these texts, I am posting them to the group.

      PRAYER FOR SERBIA (Kosovo)
      (In the Great Litany after the petition for Russia and this land:)

      For the suffering Orthodox people of Serbia, for the salvation and
      preservation of their holy places and for the life of our brothers in
      the region of Kosovo and in every part of their homeland – let us
      pray to the Lord.

      (In the augmented litany, also after the petition for Russia and this
      land:)

      Again we pray for the suffering Orthodox people of Serbia, for the
      salvation and preservation of their holy places and for the life of
      our brothers in the region of Kosovo and in every part of their
      homeland.

      PRAYER FOR THE HOLY LAND
      ==============================

      (In the augmented litany, after the petition for Russia and this land)
      (and, therefore, after the petition for Kosovo/Serbia--JDM)

      Again we pray unto Thee, O Lord our God,
      to help us and our brothers of the holy
      monasteries which are in Hebron and
      Jericho, and return our inheritance, that
      our brothers may again dwell therein,
      having been driven out by the power and
      action of the civil authorities, at the insti-
      gation of clergymen who have trampled on
      their conscience and the fear of Thee our God.

      Chanters: Lord, have mercy. (Thrice)

      Again we pray that our iniquities may be
      forgiven for the sake of Thy great mercy,
      and that there may be returned unto us our
      inheritance, the holy monasteries which are
      in Hebron and Jericho, which have been
      unrighteously seized from us, that once
      again our brothers may raise up therein
      hymns of glory to Thee our God, Who art