Fw: [orthodox-synod] THEY DID IT AGAIN (WAS:: NO FALSE GODS)

  • Andrew
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 29, 2001
      Dear Rush,

      Please find attached a copy of a list message in reference of the icon you
      have on your web site.

      The icon they are referring to happens to be an icon of our Lord and Savior
      Jesus Christ. In our faith, Orthodox Christians take our iconography very
      seriously and perhaps you may wish to make an apology to the Orthodox
      Christians before this gets too far a field.

      My wife and I have been listening to your radio program for over 8 years and
      use to watch your TV program. During these times, you have never been guilty
      of miss-representing your opinions as far as I know - however:

      There might have been a better representation of Greenspan by possibly
      taking a real picture of him and edited the picture with a halo or some of
      the similarities of one of our icons, but not super imposing Greenspan's
      face upon that of His (Jesus Christ's) Face.

      With the exception of this miss-representation of one of our icons, you
      usually are right on track with your opinions, which do parallel much of the
      Orthodox Beliefs.

      Please take this criticism in the spirit in which it is intended and not an
      insult to your integrity.

      Thank you,
      Reader Andrew,
      Orthodox Christian