St Basil's liturgy - on-line - in need of proofreaders

  • Priest Seraphim Holland
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 4, 2001
      Reverend Fathers and faithful:

      I am losing my eyesight along with my mind, and also am trying to
      include some Slavonic for my small Russian flock amidst all us
      Anglos, so I have prepared large print versions of both Divine
      Liturgies, with the audible parts in both languages (the Slavonic is
      in Russian letters, taken mostly form Bishop Alexander's web-site.)

      I use the St John Chrysostom liturgy regularly, and recommend the
      format. I have a notebook with all the pages in page protectors,
      which make it very east to turn the pages.

      http://www.orthodox.net/services/sluzebnic-basil-es.rtf

      I have a first draft of St Basil's liturgy, in both languages, in rtf
      format. I would appreciate any critical comments. If the Slavonic is
      wrong, I would not know it. Also, I have benefited greatly from Fr
      Alexis' Duncan's work, and used his St Basil's texts as well as his
      liturgy document for the skeleton, but have also compared the prayers
      with the edition Fr Andrew Kensis put out. there are significant
      differences in the prayers, and I cannot claim to have followed
      either consistently.

      Any comments about typos, better rubrics, etc are highly appreciated!

      I have not served with this text yet, but plan to, and I am sure I
      will see mistakes when I do.

      I make no claim that anything about these documents are official, but
      the St John Chrysostom edition has allowed me to include at least
      token amounts of Slavonic for my faithful and patient Russians, and
      also be able to read the text!

      Priest Seraphim Holland St Nicholas Orthodox Church, Dallas, Texas, USA
      seraphim@... Ph:972/529-2754 MOBILE & VOICE MAIL 214 336-3464
      FAX: 603/908-2408 Home Address: 2102 Summit, McKinney, TX 75070, USA
      WEBMASTER FOR: St Nicholas Home Page - http://www.orthodox.net
      Official ROCOR Page - http://www.rocor.org
      10 questions (many subjects) http://www.orthodox.net/questions
      Thoughts on the Sunday gospels http://www.orthodox.net/sermons