RE: [orthodox-synod] common prayer

  • Olga Mitrenina
    Message 1 of 15 , Jan 2, 2001
      Baref dzes, dear Father John,

      > I have studied the Armenian language and service books to some
      > extent--am no expert--but have seen nothing faintly resembling a "Moleben"
      > such as we are accustomed to.

      Patriarch-Catholicos Garegin and some other Armenian spiritual authorities
      graduated Moscow Patriarchate seminary in Zagorsk, so they know how to serve
      molebens:-)

      > However, a reference several years ago to Patriarch Alexy II
      > having "joined in a Moleben"

      It was not "a" reference, but it was a number of loud common prayers.
      There is an MP parish in Yereven, Khankavan, with a very good rector, Father
      Vladimir. You can discuss it with them. Although they count ROCA to be a
      schizm, they will probably tell you some interesting details.

      Olga
    • Rev. John R. Shaw
      Message 2 of 15 , Jan 2, 2001
        On Tue, 2 Jan 2001, Olga Mitrenina wrote:

        > Baref dzes, dear Father John,

        There, you see--I would have said "Parev tsez". But I started
        with the Western Armenian.