Re: [orthodox-synod]

  • pwrbarrett@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 31, 2000
      In a message dated 12/31/2000 12:42:45 AM Eastern Standard Time,
      kirbart@... writes:

      > Thank you, dear Sister in Christ for very
      > inspirational words.
      > Regards, Subdeacon Kirill

      <snip>

      > > The Church will never be destroyed.

      Dear Subdeacon Kirill,

      I enjoy your posts, and it should go without saying that
      I enjoy Rachael's posts. (I should envy Fr. Alexander
      for his intelligence, but I'd rather have Rachael for a
      daughter-in-law than have all Father's intelligence and
      education.) But much as I respect you and Rachael
      both, I feel obliged to b point out that ROCOR is not
      The Church, and while the Church cannot ever be destroyed,
      ROCOR can. And so can the synod I belong to.

      This faith has established the universe -- but not this
      or any synod.

      Love,

      Patrick
    • R. Lebedeva
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 31, 2000
        >I feel obliged to
        point out that ROCOR is not
        > The Church, and while the Church cannot ever be destroyed,
        > ROCOR can. And so can the synod I belong to.
        >
        > This faith has established the universe -- but not this
        > or any synod.

        You and I are in complete agreement on this one, Patrick. And I'm not
        the only one, I'm certain! :-)

        Love back at you (and God help you if you end up with a goof like me
        for a daughter-in-law!),
        ~~Rachael