Fr. Mark's action re Fr. Elia

  • Fr. Gregory Williams
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2000
      Christ is in our midst! My warmest support, Father, both for your
      action and for the measured way in which you explained it. Actually,
      I think you (and all of us) have been far too patient. My delete key
      is wearing rapidly, anyway. I have become unwilling to risk my
      tranquillity with more than the first couple of lines of any of this
      nonsense (now I'll just have to dump it from the clergy list), but at
      least for the foreseeable future the more innocent faithful on the
      Synod list will be spared its temptations. HoweverŠ I must share my
      concern that, offensive as his posts may have been, Fr. Elia's
      diatribes are actually far less dangerous (thanks to their rather
      obvious irrationality) than the seemingly more rational and equally
      offensive postings of several other list members. If one is so
      foolish and disorderly and willing to risk eternal (not just cyber)
      censure as to carry on in such a fashion, this is a singularly
      inappropriate forum in which to do it.
      --
      --Fr. Gregory Williams

      1180 Orthodox Way