[orthodox-synod] Re: Vasiloupolis Monk Pleads Guilty to Coffin Vandalism

  • Karen Grisel
    Message 1 of 2 , May 8, 1949
      dear friends in Christ,

      i am hoping that this message gets to the bulk of you. despite who the monks
      are and under whatever omophorion they may be - i know them, and they are
      good people. the newspaper article is filled with the most type of
      sensationalist journalism - and should be a warning to us all - the evil one
      has the "world" in his clutches.

      the young man who died was a "spiritual son" of sorts to the monk. He died
      in the monks arms after being killed on the road, on his way to the
      monastery. the parents have been enflamed by the funeral director to press
      charges for defacing property. the monk pleaded no contest to the charges,
      he did not plead guilty.

      the expression of love and concern for the young man's soul is far beyond
      the reach of the newspaper. again, we should be aware - all those who
      confess Christ and true Orthodoxy will come under persecution. the new
      calanderists are preparing the way for reunion with rome by way of the
      renovation of apostolic history.

      father basil grisel
      holy new martyrs and confessors of russia
      r.o.c.o.r.