Re: [orthodox-synod] Memory Eternal

  • hermitage@infoave.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2000
      Dear Fr Damian,

      Evlogeite!

      Kewl, Fr John the Igumen died the death of the righteous!

      I know you will all feel a sense of loss, but I won't worry about his soul's
      repose.

      79 is ripe old age, a full life, and, well, all is well, I reckon.

      Ach, the 8 Hymns for the Departed in the 8 Tones by St John Damascene say it
      all.

      Grant rest unto the departed... in the eternal mansions of Paradise.

      In Christ, and with empathetic sorrow for your loss of a friend and confidant,
      Yours,
      John, monk

    • frgregory@icxc.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2001
        Dear brothers and sisters in Christ:

        I wish to commend to your prayers the soul of Lisa Terry, a baptized
        member of Holy Ghost Orthodox Church, Sterling Heights, MI. She was
        on the 100th floor of the WTC on September 11,200l, attending a one
        day business meeting for executives of the insurance company for
        which she worked. Family members tell me that she was scheduled to
        return to Detroit the next day. Memory Eternal!

        Hieromonk Gregory
        Holy Ghost Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Church
        Sterling Heights, MI
      • Kiril Bart
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 31, 2002
          Please pray for newly deposed protoierey Fr. Boris
          Tkachenko, who was retired from St. Panteleimon parish
          in Minneapolis (ROCOR).
          Subdeacon Kirill

          http://auctions.yahoo.com