Re: [orthodox-synod] Repentance of a stupid deacon

  • Hieromonk Maximos
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2000
      >Dear Fathers, brothers and sisters in Christ,
      >I am going to attempt something very painful to my proud heart. All
      >day I have been bothered by my conscience for the irresponsibleness
      >of my postings on this list yesterday (Friday). Therefore I ask from
      >each one of you forgiveness of my behavior,
      >and your prayers that God forgive me for any scandle or offense I
      >have caused any of you. I thank all of you for your forbearance,
      >patience and prayers as I publicly learn things "the hardway", and I
      >thank many of you who took the time to warn and/or correct me.
      >Please Fathers remember me at proskomede this Sunday.
      >Sinful Deacon Mark
      >Edmonton

      Dear Father Mark,

      May the Lord God bless you!

      I beg your forgiveness if I offended you in any way. We all must be
      careful at all of our utterances, and certainly all of us have fallen
      short. The faithful ,which we are ordained to serve ,ought be able to
      look to us as an example of Christ's love and mercy, particularly in
      our relations with each other. Sadly ,this is often not the case. I
      ask for your prayers and assure you of my unworthy prayers.

      In Christ

      the sinful monk

      Maximos

      Rev.Hieromonk Maximos
      Ascension Monastery
      Russian Orthodox Church Abroad
      706-277-9442
      http://www.monastery.org
    • hermitage@infoave.net
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2000
        Dear Fr Deacon Mark,

        Evlogeite!

        Oh for heaven's sake, this is a public forum for airing one's thoughts and
        you were just expressing your personal opinions.

        And do other people do the same.

        Don't worry. I know there is a bit of fear in your unnecessary "apology".
        And I understand why, but it's not your fault.

        I don't necessarily agree with all that you say, but you have a right to
        express your views.

        May our Saviour guide and protect you.

        You sound like a very nice person, with the most important asset for a
        Christian to have: A Christian Conscience.

        Remember me at Proskomedia

        Asking your acceptable prayers, I remain
        In Christ
        (Your friend, though we have never conversed before)
        John, monk