Repentance of a stupid deacon

  • Deacon Mark Smith
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2000
      Dear Fathers, brothers and sisters in Christ,
      I am going to attempt something very painful to my proud heart. All day I have been bothered by my conscience for the irresponsibleness of my postings on this list yesterday (Friday). Therefore I ask from each one of you forgiveness of my behavior,
      and your prayers that God forgive me for any scandle or offense I have caused any of you. I thank all of you for your forbearance, patience and prayers as I publicly learn things "the hardway", and I thank many of you who took the time to warn and/or correct me.
      Please Fathers remember me at proskomede this Sunday.
      Sinful Deacon Mark
      Edmonton

    • Hieromonk Maximos
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2000
        >Dear Fathers, brothers and sisters in Christ,
        >I am going to attempt something very painful to my proud heart. All
        >day I have been bothered by my conscience for the irresponsibleness
        >of my postings on this list yesterday (Friday). Therefore I ask from
        >each one of you forgiveness of my behavior,
        >and your prayers that God forgive me for any scandle or offense I
        >have caused any of you. I thank all of you for your forbearance,
        >patience and prayers as I publicly learn things "the hardway", and I
        >thank many of you who took the time to warn and/or correct me.
        >Please Fathers remember me at proskomede this Sunday.
        >Sinful Deacon Mark
        >Edmonton

        Dear Father Mark,

        May the Lord God bless you!

        I beg your forgiveness if I offended you in any way. We all must be
        careful at all of our utterances, and certainly all of us have fallen
        short. The faithful ,which we are ordained to serve ,ought be able to
        look to us as an example of Christ's love and mercy, particularly in
        our relations with each other. Sadly ,this is often not the case. I
        ask for your prayers and assure you of my unworthy prayers.

        In Christ

        the sinful monk

        Maximos

        Rev.Hieromonk Maximos
        Ascension Monastery
        Russian Orthodox Church Abroad
        706-277-9442
        http://www.monastery.org
      • hermitage@infoave.net
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2000
          Dear Fr Deacon Mark,

          Evlogeite!

          Oh for heaven's sake, this is a public forum for airing one's thoughts and
          you were just expressing your personal opinions.

          And do other people do the same.

          Don't worry. I know there is a bit of fear in your unnecessary "apology".
          And I understand why, but it's not your fault.

          I don't necessarily agree with all that you say, but you have a right to
          express your views.

          May our Saviour guide and protect you.

          You sound like a very nice person, with the most important asset for a
          Christian to have: A Christian Conscience.

          Remember me at Proskomedia

          Asking your acceptable prayers, I remain
          In Christ
          (Your friend, though we have never conversed before)
          John, monk