Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Prayer for a stillborn baby

  • Sandra Thompson
    Message 1 of 27 , Dec 1, 2000
      I am catching up on my e-mail and would like to respond to this thread.

      > In my experience, the pentitial prayers said over a woman who has had a
      miscarriage are extremely beneficial to that woman. No matter what she may
      or may not have done, my experience has been that when a woman miscarries,
      she secretly harbors the question of her own responsibility for the death
      of the child.
      I agree as having had that experience.

      Before this experience, we knew the baby might not survive his birth.
      Father told my husband to be ready to baptise in case the need arose. The
      baby did come six weeks early at home . After he baptised him, we
      discovered that he was stillborn. He must have during the birthing. Since
      the soul lingers in the body a while, I wonder if the baptism counts.