Re: [orthodox-synod] More Actions Speak.....RE to Rdr Joseph

  • Rev. John R. Shaw
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2000
      On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, fr elia yenovkian wrote:

      > INFILTRATED? WHAT HAVE WE GOT TO LOSE? Let's just get a
      > blessing from the Metropolitan, before we do. (Did you Fr.
      > Shaw?)

      My point was that I had been misquoted. I was merely trying to
      present information.

      The last time I saw Metropolitan Vitaly personally was before he
      was Metropolitan yet--in 1976 at Vl. Nikon's funeral. At present he is
      said to be unable to read letters because of poor vision, and I can hardly
      envision calling him up before replying to an e-mail. In any case, he is
      not my diocesan bishop.

      I couild just as well ask *you* if you "got the Metroplitan's
      blessing" before beginning all these public attacks on the decisions of
      our hierarchy.