dialogue

  • Fr. Gregory Williams
    Message 1 of 21 , Dec 1, 2000
      God bless you, Fr. Basil from Canberra, and protect you in your coming surgery!

      Indeed, your words on dialogue are well spoken. With Bishop
      Gabriel's blessing, I expect perhaps early next year to enter into
      "dialogue" with some United Methodists in this part of the country.
      Rest assured that we will not be seeking autocephaly from them, or
      offering in any way to compromise the Orthodox Faith! Rather, the
      difficult question (and the more guidance I get the happier I will
      be) is how, indeed, to approach such a meeting making it clear from
      the very outset that there can be NO compromise in matters of the
      FaithŠ without effectively slamming the door before it gets open.
      --
      --Fr. Gregory Williams

      1180 Orthodox Way
      Liberty, TN 37095-4366 USA