Allegoricum

  • PKFZJDTUL@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2000
      Dear Monk ["Father"] John:

      Thank you for complementing me on my painting allegory. I came up with that
      the other night while writing. I had the idea tucked away in the back of my
      mind for several months and just never articulated it. The idea began to
      surface at the beginning of this year while I was staying in Italy. The
      iconography there is, from a religiously stylistic viewpoint, horrifyingly
      academic. I decided that such overtly sensuous work was a perfect reflection
      of Latin theology. I found myself asking, "Is that Jupiter wearing a
      loincloth or is it supposed to be...? No. It can't be. Where am I?"
      Seems to me that compared to Roman icons the Roman Dogma is equally
      undersimplified in nature.

      Please Bless [?] me and pray for me:

      Z "Joseph" D