[orthodox-synod] Re: [jokes] Copywrite explained

  • LJames6034@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 8, 1999
      This is as bad as that cartoon (which, of course, I cutd out of the comic
      section). The dialogue which I have corrected (grammatically corrected) went
      this way:

      "The Prague Diocese has been ordaining priests without first checking into
      their moral character."

      The second monk-figure answers: "You mean, they've been riteing bad Czechs?"

      Yes, I know.

      Father Andrew

      eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/orthodox-synod
    • Robert S Miller
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 8, 1999
        Doubtless some are offended by humor, but given the rather
        lugubrious seriosity that appears so often on these Lists,
        the humor lightens it nicely. Keeps us from taking
        ourselves too seriously. O:) O:) I suspect the Celtic
        Francais there in OH has a box full of things like this.

        JM

        ----------
        > From: LJames6034@...
        > To: orthodox-synod@egroups.com
        > Subject: [orthodox-synod] Re: [jokes] Copywrite explained
        > Date: Tuesday, June 08, 1999 5:38 PM
        >
        > This is as bad as that cartoon (which, of course, I cutd out of the
        comic
        > section). The dialogue which I have corrected (grammatically corrected)
        went
        > this way:
        >
        > "The Prague Diocese has been ordaining priests without first checking
        into
        > their moral character."
        >
        > The second monk-figure answers: "You mean, they've been riteing bad
        Czechs?"

        > Yes, I know.
        >

        > Father Andrew

        > eGroups Spotlight:
        > "Holiday's Front Porch" - For good conversation, check out this virtual
        community with
        > New Orleans as its home. http://clickhere.eGroups.com/click/18
        >

        > eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/orthodox-synod

        eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/orthodox-synod
      • Rev. John R. Shaw
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 9, 1999
          This little joke is, or course, and "ecclesiasticized" version of a much
          older one, wherein a dissident, fleeing to a foreign embassy in Prague,
          asks "Can you cache a Czech?".

          eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/orthodox-synod
        • Deacon John Whiteford
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 9, 1999
            --- "Rev. John R. Shaw" <vrevjrs@...> wrote:
            > This little joke is, or course, and
            > "ecclesiasticized" version of a much
            > older one, wherein a dissident, fleeing to a foreign
            > embassy in Prague,
            > asks "Can you cache a Czech?".

            That reminds me of another joke told by a Czech-xan (a
            Czech from Texas).

            "I belong to the most persecuted minority in Texas.
            Everywhere I go, I see signs that read "No Checks Allowed."
            ===
            * Deacon John Whiteford IC -|- XC *
            * ----|---- *
            * St. Jonah of Manchuria Orthodox Mission | *
            * Serving the Spring, Woodlands, \| *
            * and Conroe, Texas area. |\ *
            * http://www.orthodox.org/stjonah NI | KA *

            eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/orthodox-synod
          • Afanassy Thompson
            Message 5 of 9 , Jun 9, 1999

              djw> "I belong to the most persecuted minority in Texas.
              djw> Everywhere I go, I see signs that read "No Checks Allowed."

              Sure is different here- EVERYONE celebrates every "Czech"
              Day. Somecompanies have them every week even. :-)
              Jay M. Thompson Systems Administrator: GeckoNet.net
              Email: afanassy@... http://www.geckonet.net
              PGP Public Key at http://www.geckonet.net

              eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/orthodox-synod
            • Rdr Andrew
              Message 6 of 9 , Jun 9, 1999
                On Wed, 9 Jun 1999 12:27:42 -0400 (EDT) Afanassy Thompson
                <afanassy@...> writes:
                >writes:
                >
                >djw> "I belong to the most persecuted minority in Texas.
                >djw> Everywhere I go, I see signs that read "No Checks Allowed."

                LOL

                Here in Oklahoma there is a town named Prague (pronounced Prage with a
                long 'a' and a hard 'g' and a thick okie accent - no joke). In this
                sleepy little town east of Oklahoma City is the National Shrine of the
                Holy Infant Jesus of Prague (pronounced the way one would think it oughta
                be). Driving through this town I did a double take when I saw accros the
                street from the NSHIJP a place of lodging for travelers named the "Czech
                Inn" motel. I didn't stop to czech it out. :-)

                Rdr. Andrew Honerkamp

                eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/orthodox-synod
              • Jim Mitrovgenis
                Message 7 of 9 , Jun 9, 1999
                  >"djw" == Deacon John Whiteford <frjohnwhiteford@...>
                  >writes:
                  >
                  >djw> "I belong to the most persecuted minority in Texas.
                  >djw> Everywhere I go, I see signs that read "No Checks Allowed."

                  >And Reader Andrew writes:
                  >Here in Oklahoma there is a town named Prague (pronounced Prage with a
                  long 'a' and a hard 'g' and a thick okie accent - no joke)
                  >... Driving through this town I did a double take when I saw accros the
                  >street from the NSHIJP a place of lodging for travelers named the "Czech
                  >Inn" motel. I didn't stop to czech it out. :-)

                  While we're at it, I live a couple of blocks away from Czech Hall Road named for a dance hall on that road in Yukon, OK, which is home to the annual Czech Festival the first weekend in October, which is also the same weekend of the Greek Festival. Czech it out.

                  Demetrios Mitrovgenis
                  a sinful man
                  jmitro@...
                  jmitro@...
                  jmitrovgenis@...

                  Get free, personal E-mail from Connect Oklahoma! - http://www.conok.com

                  eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/orthodox-synod
                • Michael S. Woodson
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jun 9, 1999
                    Oh no. you reminded me of a joke. Here goes:

                    An Aggie hosts a Czech exchange student at College Station and decides to
                    take him to the Houston City Zoo (a reduncancy). Anyhow, the Aggie thought
                    it would be fun to visit the gorilla cage and show his Czech friend that
                    Americans know how to have fun. So the Aggie sticks his face near the bars
                    and makes a face (redundancy 2) at two large gorillas, a male and a female.
                    The gorillas seem to be used to the Aggie, paying him no mind. The Aggie
                    challenges the Czech to match his bravery. The Czech, not to be outdone by
                    an Aggie, repeats the Aggie's performance, is snatched up by a gorilla, and
                    eaten alive. The Aggie is really shaken. The Zookeepers bring their rifles
                    and demand to know which gorilla ate the boy. The Aggie, in distress points
                    to the huge male gorilla, the protector. After shooting the gorilla and
                    cutting him open, there is no sign of the victim! Shouting scorn on the
                    Aggie, the Zookeepers had to shoot the second gorilla, the female, finding
                    the poor exchange student therein. What is the moral of the story, folks?
                    ? ?
                    ? ?
                    ? ?
                    ? ?
                    ? ?
                    ? ?
                    ? answer: ?

                    When an Aggie says a Czech is in the male, don't you believe it!

                    eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/orthodox-synod