Ecumenism in ROCOR

  • Deacon Mark Smith
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 9, 2000
      I agree with Michael Nikitin who wrote:

      >ROCOR does concelebrate with the Serbs who are in Ecumenism and
      >has nothing against communing with the MP. So why open ROCOR
      >Churches in Russia? ROCOR should make a decision. Concelebrate and
      >commune with the MP and Serbs or not (concelebration goes on unofficialy
      >about which we can read in "Pravoslavnaia Rus" and etc.). Otherwise it is
      >confusing to the people. The ones that are strong in the faith leave. Others
      >are leaving because they don't want to be lukewarm.

      It is confusing,
      Archpriest A. Lebedeff seems to have answered well enough Nikolaj's list, but these that Michael mentions are more the real issue. Do we believe that Ecumenism is a heresy, as our theologians have defined it and our bishops have anathematised it? Let us flee from falling under this dread anathema.

      Deacon Mark Smith
      Canada