Sv: [orthodox-synod] What continues to separate us from the Moscow Patriarchate?

  • Nikolaj
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2000
      1.
      Sergianism is an evil existing in spite of the fall of communism. Nobody denies that. It is just not only a problem in the post-soviet countries. There is also a form of "american sergianism", which is quite as destructive for ROCOR as the post-soviet sergianism is for Orthodox Russia.
      The sick opinion of the MP/ROC that ROCOR is schismatic is indeed not worth a comment, but when a certain member of ROCOR publicly appealed to the pope of rome for assistance in getting back our monastery in the Holy land - one might say this was indeed a combination of both ecumenism and american sergianism.
      Whatever personal desperation and good intentions, was behind this appeal, it certainly gave the MP/ROC what it needed in their propaganda.

      2.
      That the New martyrs and Confessors has been glorified in Russia, I see as a sign of pressure from below, from the Russian people - and not as a decision of Mr Ridiger. It is well known that Mr Ridiger did not want neither the canonization of The Tsarist Martyrs or the New Martyrs as well, and that he dragged his feet for a long time in this case. I believe he was forced to carry this decision out because of a pressure from below. From the people.
      It is surely known to God, that the Russian people is struggling to achieve spiritual feedom from the yoke of communism, and the glorification of the New Martyrs and confessors is a step in the right direction. Perhaps not from the point of MP/ROC, but indeed from our point of view.

      3.
      "Oneness of mind" can be felt by sp,e pious ROCOR member in relation to some pious ROC/MP member, because we are Orthodox Christians, but this is hardly in *spite* of our Creed? Maybe the spiritual distance between ROC/MP and certain american parts of ROCOR comes not from the juristicional policies but from differences between American Orthodox and Russian Orthodox culture? (If such concepts exists at all today?) Perhaps the distance between the common Russian Orthodox believer and the common American Orthodox believer, is artificially kept alive by those who for all costs does not want a "Oneness of Mind"? Both in the east and in the west.
      I don't have the answer, it is just an interesting thought.
      Of course Mr Ridiger and his gang sets themselves apart from any christian unity by their criminal policies, abroad as well as in Russia itself. No doubt, but if necessarily every juristiction, who is in communion with the MP/ROC has lost Grace, then we in ROCOR are the only Orthodox people in the world.
      Then - even the 40% of the Russian people who confesses the Holy Orthodox Faith has no grace and no chance of salvation. Only when they get a new leader they have a chance. Even though they never had a saying whether they wanted the KGB-Ridiger or not?
      This is I believe both arrogant and a "mechanical" way of thinking, which comes rather close to the papistic "indulgence" principle. "Get a new leader and you will have your grace back!"
      I believe an eventual Spiritual revival of Russia will not come from it's leaders - clerical or secular, but from the mass of believers, confessing the Orthodox Faith.

      Ecumenism is the worst and most dangerous heresy, because it seduces Orthodox Christians by the thousands, postulating "Brotherhood" and "Unity", when in fact all it wants is a masonic, horrible world-religion, in which there will be no place for the Orthodox Christian. Unfortunately the yoke of official ecumenism is still on the much-suffering Russian people.
      Ecumenism, however, also thrives in ROCOR - unofficially of course. This list is a good example. You do not even have to be an Orthodox Christian to be a member of this list.
      Especially in the west, many ROCOR members keep "half" their protestant identity, keep their pagan names, and attend heretic "churches" and engage in "dialogues" quite frequently.

      I do not want to attack ROCOR, since I am a staunch Tsarist and a conservative, I know the sufferings of our church only too well - I just want to point out, that to me, it seems that we are not free from the faults we accuse the MP/ROC of.

      May the New Martyrs pray for you
      In Christ

      Nikolaj

      "Forgiveness is better than revenge. "