Masonry

  • Fr. Gregory Joyce
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2000
      Here are several articles about Free Masonry from an
      Orthodox viewpoint:

      http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/masonry.htm

      http://www.roca.org/OA/70/70t.htm

      http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/vitaly.htm

      http://www.orthodoxinfo.com/ecumenism/photii_1.htm

      Admittedly, the last two only touch on Masonry as a
      part of the ecumenical movement, but the first two are
      straight to the point.

      In English, most of the information on Free Masonry is
      published by Protestant sources. If you stop by your
      local Protestant bookstore you should find a section
      devoted to Masonry. If I may, I would like to suggest
      the videotape "Out of the Darkness, Into the Light".
      Fr. Gregory Naumenko showed us this film in Pastoral
      Theology at Jordanville. I liked it so much that I
      went out and bought myself a copy. I lend this out to
      anyone who has questions about Masonry in our parish
      here in Ann Arbor. Admittedly, since this tape is
      produced by a Protestant souce its theological
      grounding is Protestant, and so there are a few things
      said on the tape that shaky theologically. However,
      in general this is still one of the best "quick and
      dirty" explanations of Masonry I've seen (or read).

      Fr. Gregory

      =====
      Rev. Fr. Gregory Joyce
      St. Vladimir Russian Orthodox Church, ROCOR
      Ann Arbor, MI
      e-mail: ogrisha@...
      parish web page: http://www.stvladimiraami.org
      pager: (734) 651-9784
      This email meant only for private correspondence. Reproduction or forwarding without sender's permission is prohibited.

      http://shopping.yahoo.com/