Sv: [orthodox-synod] MP Canada Mission

  • Nikolaj
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 7, 2000
      Dear Joseph.

      I run the risk and post this mail, knowing that it will possibly
      bring much aggression over my head.
      I anyhow call to your attention the
      fact, that our own juristiction, the
      "Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia"
      is also establishing parishes inside Russia.
      Will you then call these parishes
      "Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia Inside Russia"?

      MP/ROC and ROCOR snatching each others parishes
      will not accomplish anything. Neither will the self-righteousness
      of ROC/MP, OCA, ROCOR and belief in
      "juristictional purity" or whatever -not inside Russia - nor outside Russia!
      - Only prayer and repentance and keeping close to
      Holy Orthodox Christian Faith will.

      Maybe we should ask ourselves, why does God allow this mission
      of MP/ROC in Canada - and why does He allow ROCOR mission in Russia?
      Things are not so black and white always.

      In Christ
      Nikolaj

      "Forgiveness is better than revenge. "
      St. Tikhon of Zadonsk
      + + +

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 7, 2000
        In a message dated 11/7/00 8:03:05 AM Eastern Standard Time,
        pravoslavie@... writes:

        > Maybe we should ask ourselves, why does God allow this mission
        > of MP/ROC in Canada - and why does He allow ROCOR mission in Russia?
        > Things are not so black and white always.

        God also allows Satanists, Jehovah Witnesses, Hindus, Wiccans and 23,000
        Protestant denominations. I don't think legitimacy can be determined by who
        has or has not been struck by lightning.

        Actually, things are often black and white when you are dealing with truth.
        If you are in ROCA, you (it is hoped) understand the history of our church,
        and the history of the MP. It was pretty black and white to those who died
        for their faith, the catacomb church, and those who continue to suffer for
        their faith in Russia. If it were a simple question of shading into gray,
        with no spiritual consequences and no memory of millions who have died,
        wouldn't life be easy?!!

        Elizabeth