Sv: [orthodox-synod] Masonry and Christianity

  • Nikolaj
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 7, 2000
      Dear Father Ambrose
      Asking your blessing.

      Thank you for your help.
      Such articles can be very useful indeed.
      What I was looking for, however, was
      something like Oleg Platonovs'
      "Tajna Bezzakonija" in english translation.
      The emigree author, V. Ivanov also wrote a very interesting
      book called: "Russkaya Intelligentsiya i
      Masonstva: ot Petra I. do nashikh dnei."

      I just wondered, if one of our Monasteries
      who publishes such outstanding translations,
      also did one of the classics about masonry?
      The masons played a very prominent role
      in the downfall of Orthodox Russia, so I
      am rather surprised that absolutely nothing is published?

      I have several english language books, written by protestants,
      but they very often miss the point, and think that masonry
      is just a "boys club" or a "charital" club. They often do not
      see the the broader perspective and the historical perspectives.

      In Christ
      Nikolaj

      "Forgiveness is better than revenge. "
      St. Tikhon of Zadonsk