MP Canada Mission

  • PKFZJDTUL@AOL.COM
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2000
      Dear Nikolaj:

      I am happy to hear good news coming from Russia!

      You wrote that nobody has the right to prohibit the mission of any
      juristiction. Is MP trying to be a multiferious, global juristiction? (Quoth
      the Antiochians, "Behold, thy future!") Why does MP need to build another
      church in America? Did it not grant autonomy to OCA? Do MP and OCA not share
      the same tradition? the same destiny? (ROCOR has no false ideas about its
      juristiction. It knows painfully well that it is "Abroad," "Outside Russia,"
      and "In Exile.") MP is unjust in its American mission because it is
      contributing to an already rampant pluralism which pollutes the
      ethno-religious climate of American nations and, more particularly, weakens
      the state of Orthodoxy at large. Maybe nobody has the right to prohibit a
      mission, but the Hierarchs in question should at least have the decency to
      limit their activities to their own boundaries. It seems almost as if they
      are trying, little by little, to make their own Church obsolete. ("Truly thy
      future!" echoes the WCC.)

      Please pray for me: -Joseph D