HMMMMM

  • Dr. Elizabeth W. Riggs
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2000
      Today's MailBits.com Trivia Question:

      Was the Taj Mahal simply a labor of love, or was there more
      to the story?
      (answer below)

      ========

      The Answer:

      The Taj Mahal in India, Shah Jahan's divinely elaborate
      tribute to his 17th century sweetie, is one of the world's
      wonders. Yes, Jahan was madly in love with Mumtaz, one of
      his four wives (what did he build for the other three, condos
      in Miami Beach?) Yet what do we know about her? What was
      she like to merit such architectural affection?

      She was baaaad! Intolerant to an extreme, she insisted
      that her hubby persecute the country's small settlement of
      Christians. Mumtaz personally supervised their sale into
      slavery and had their priests stomped to death by elephants.

      Poor Jahan, looking for love in all the wrong places.
      Maybe he should have erected something more appropriate to
      memorialize Mumtaz -- a high-rise dungeon or a parking garage
      for elephants. What would Donald Trump have done?

      (Source: JUST CURIOUS, JEEVES by Jack Mingo and Erin
      Barrett)

      Yours in Christ,
      Elizabeth Riggs, a sinner
      and Perennial Student
      http://www.angelfire.com/ga/riggs/index.html
      Our Lady, the Joy of All Who Sorrow Church (ROCOR)
      Cumming, GA USA (Atlanta, GA area)
      http://www.churchabroad.org
      Glory to Jesus Christ! Glory Forever!