Church dedicated to the Tsarist martyrs

  • Nikolaj
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 30, 2000
      Dear Friends in Christ.

      I am most pleased to be able
      to tell you, that in the village
      of Nikolskaya near St, Petersburg,
      a Church has been erected
      and dedicated to the Tsarmartyr Nikolaj
      of Holy Russia !
      The Church is in the ancient, wooden style
      that so pleased the Tsarist Martyrs.

      This is the first Church to be build and
      dedicated to the Tsarmartyr after the canonization
      by the Russian Orthodox Church
      of the Tsar in August this year.
      The Church is called "Tserkov Nikolaya Vtorogo"
      (Church of Nikolaj the second)

      Before the revolution here was another
      Church, dedicated to St Nicholas the Wonderworker,
      but it was destroyed by the godless communists.
      The main priest of this new Church is presently the main
      priest also serving in Feodorovsky Sobor in Tsarskoe Selo.

      Holy Tsarmartyr Nikolaj!
      Pray unto God for us sinners!

      In Christ
      Nikolaj

      "Do not become a Disciple of one who
      praises himself, in case you learn pride
      instead of Humility."
      (St. Mark the Ascetic)
    • Ba2shka@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2000
        A question without barbs: How exactly was the Tsar and his family canonized
        in the Synod? As you all know, the Tsar and the family were canonized as
        Passion-bearers by the MP in August of this year. How were they styled in
        the Synod?

        Just asking.

        Fr. Michael
      • Karen Grisel
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2000
          dear in Christ Nikolai,

          do you have any further, more detailed info on the Church of the Tsar-martyr
          Nikolai - do you have any photos. I am trying to gather info on log churches
          in Russia.

          Thank you, Father Basil Grisel
          Holy New Martyrs & Confessors of Russia Church