Re: Fw: Fw: Here's the post about it.

  • romanos777@aol.com
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 24, 2000
      Actually Patrick reminded me that I should have been a little more
      exact. HOCNA has been (or is in the process of being) disolved. HOMB
      is the new designation for the U.S. diocese. I have no idea what the
      Canadian diocese will call itself, but I expect it will be something
      similar.

      In Chrisr,
      Romanos Emmert

      --- In orthodox-synod@egroups.com, pwrbarrett@a... wrote:
      > In a message dated 10/24/2000 1:18:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      > rsjmil@w... writes:
      >
      > > I would like to ask Romanos777 who the Chief Hierarch in Greece is
      > > whom he follows, and whether this is the same Chief Hierarch
      HOCNA
      > > now is in Communion with. Oh yes, is HOMB really the new
      designation for
      > > HOCNA?
      >
      > Dear Joseph,
      >
      > I suspect that my kinsman Romanos won't answer you, so I'll fill
      you in:

      > HOCNA has no bishops in Greece, but they are still in communion
      > with the majority of the bishops who were in communion with Abp.
      > Auxentios when he passed away, and they still consider themselves
      > the successors to the Auxentian synod.
      >
      > As I understand it, HOMB is not exactly the same as HOCNA. I think
      > HOMB stands for Holy Orthodox Metropolis of Boston, i.e., part of
      > HOCNA, but not the whole.
      >
      > Patrick Barrett.
    • Robert Miller
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 24, 2000
        Thank you for all your information, Romanos. But who is Patrick?

        Would it be a correct interpretation of the information you gave
        us that different Dioceses of the former HOCNA will have different
        names or designations? You say HOMBS is the designation only
        for the U. S. Diocese: thinking a little further, since Metr Ephraim
        is Chief Hierarch in the U.S. and now Metr Makarios is Chief Hierarch
        in Canada, it appears that the former HOCNA is dividing into two local
        Churches. If that is not correct, please enlighten us.

        Joseph Miller

      • romanos777@aol.com
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 24, 2000
          Dear Robert,

          My distant cousin, Patrick Barrett, posted an answer to your
          question. He was the Patrick to whom I was referring.

          The U.S. and Canadian dioceses have always been administratively
          separate dioceses of the TOC of Greece. For some reason unknown to
          me, they legally incorporated in North America as HOCNA. I assume
          they are dissolving HOCNA to better reflect the Canons of the
          Orthodox Church and the By-Laws of the TOC of Greece.

          Wouldn't these questions be more appropriate for the "Jurisdictions
          List"?

          In Christ,
          Romanos Emmert

          --- In orthodox-synod@egroups.com, "Robert Miller" <rsjmil@w...>

        • Robert Miller
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 24, 2000
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 24, 2000
              Thank you, Patrick. It puzzles me why Romanos might not answer, since
              I was only requesting some facts. But of course he did answer, and my
              questions were answered, i.e., my request to know who the present
              Chief Hierarch of HOCNA/HOMB is, in Greece. Greece is important
              since the TOC of Greece is Romanos' affiliation. I was expecting to
              hear Abp Andreas or Abp Chrysostomos II (Kiousis), or Metr Kallinikos
              of Lamia, or Metr Kallinikos of the Twelve Islands. There is more than one
              Chief Hierarch in Greece, for Old Calendar or Traditionalist Orthodox,
              as everyone knows, i.e., more than one claim on the title, TOC of Greece.
              So it was a surprise to hear Metr Makarios of Toronto, as Locum Tenens
              living not in Greece. Nonetheless, Romanos did answer, and so again I thank
              both of you cousins for your information.

              Jos M