Re: Legitimacy

  • Rachael Kenoyer
    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 3, 2000
      Father, bless!

      > Of course, it also can be said that Rurik was a Scandinavian
      > (Viking) chieftain, from Denmark, and according to some accounts,
      >the cousin of Leif Ericsson.

      Ah, yes---once my father's ancestors were the Terror of Europe. Now
      they make inexpensive modular furniture and safe cars. How the
      mighty hath fallen! <laugh>

      I must admit to having a great love of geneology---everything from
      researching family trees to hearing about old familial and cultural
      customs. It's the intimate side of history, really. And I've gotten
      a strong sense from my fiance that love of family and culture is an
      important part of the Church society that he grew up in. It certainly
      was in mine!

      So quite frankly, although I understand people's impatience with this
      topic, I'm finding it very enjoyable, both as a convert and a lover
      of history.

      > IN the end, we are all relatives through Adam.

      Indeed! :-) And a wonderful thing that is to contemplate!

      ~~Rachael
    • pwrbarrett@aol.com
      Message 35 of 35 , Oct 4, 2000
        In a message dated 10/4/2000 4:59:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, h2o@...
        writes:

        << In the future, perhaps I will be
        more careful about this type of dry, British humor. >>

        I apologize. I was tired, and the fact that we are
        all related is something I tend to harp on. But I
        should have seen the humor.

        Abashedly,

        Patrick B.