Re: [orthodox-synod] Legitimacy

  • elias
    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 2, 2000
      Wasn't the Lord's genealogy mentioned in the Scriptures? It seems normal
      that people would discuss it. Didn't He have few irregularities in His
      closet from a human point of view? In that the csar and family are now
      sainted, where is the illegitimacy in discussing the background of he and
      his family, English, Russian, German, etc...it seems relevant to me.

      I would have a greater concern that there are those who are obsessed with
      "spiritual things" and are unable to address the messy, practical matters of
      incarnation.

      elias

      As for the relevancy of this thread, I would agree that it is hardly
      edifying spiritually, but nonetheless harmless. This is a list of Orthodox
      Christians discussing things. Mostly, the things discussed are things of
      the Church and their spiritual struggles. If from time to time the
      friendships established on this list take the conversation into other areas
      a bit afield, what is the harm? I imagine that even at Jordanville the
      monks discuss the weather from time to time.

      In Christ,
      Roman
    • pwrbarrett@aol.com
      Message 35 of 35 , Oct 4, 2000
        In a message dated 10/4/2000 4:59:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, h2o@...
        writes:

        << In the future, perhaps I will be
        more careful about this type of dry, British humor. >>

        I apologize. I was tired, and the fact that we are
        all related is something I tend to harp on. But I
        should have seen the humor.

        Abashedly,

        Patrick B.