Re: [orthodox-synod] Legitimacy

  • pwrbarrett@aol.com
    Message 1 of 35 , Oct 2, 2000
      In a message dated 10/2/2000 2:17:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      orthodoxworldview@... writes:

      << The only important thing I can think to say right now
      is that while I do agree with that the House of Stuart
      is the legitimate heir to the English throne, it is my
      understanding that the present Stuart heir believes he
      is are descended from Jesus and Mary Magdalene... >>

      Prince Franz of Bavaria, the heir to the Stuart claims, is
      a Roman Catholic. I haven't heard of his professing this
      ridiculous belief, but you never know.

      About 20 years ago a book was published claiming that
      the Merovingian kings were descended from our Savior
      and St. Mary Magdalene. A Frenchman named Plantard,
      who claimed to be the heir to the Merovingians, as I remember
      it, either originated or accepted the theory. One of the things
      I remember is the book claimed that Godfrey of Boulogne,
      as the heir of David (through his descent from our Savior), had
      every right to the throne of Jerusalem and in conquering
      Jerusalem was merely claiming his patrimony. It shouldn't
      be necessary to tell you what I think of this cockeyed theory.

      Virtually all of European royalty is descended in one way or
      another from the Merovingians, including our own Father
      Andrew James and Prince Franz of Bavaria. But it's to be
      hoped that none of them are getting their genealogies from
      conspiracy theorists and secret societies.

      Patrick Barrett
    • pwrbarrett@aol.com
      Message 35 of 35 , Oct 4, 2000
        In a message dated 10/4/2000 4:59:23 PM Eastern Daylight Time, h2o@...
        writes:

        << In the future, perhaps I will be
        more careful about this type of dry, British humor. >>

        I apologize. I was tired, and the fact that we are
        all related is something I tend to harp on. But I
        should have seen the humor.

        Abashedly,

        Patrick B.