Re: [orthodox-synod] Light and Heat (WAS: The Rosary)

  • pwrbarrett@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 28, 2000
      In a message dated 9/28/2000 11:53:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      eodell@... writes:

      << Old obnoxios, and unworthy,
      Andreas >>

      Dear Andreas,

      You left out Irish.

      tu hermano,

      Patricio
    • LJames6034@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 28, 2000
        Forgive yourself, as well.

        Martin Luther used to make his confessions (this is before he began to
        misread the Epistle of St. James!) six, eight hours a day! Scrupulosity was
        not something he understood, apparently.

        Finally, his confessor said: "For God's sake, forgive yourself!"

        Father Andrew
      • Ernest O'Dell
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 29, 2000
          Why, yes! You are correct, Patrick.

          I am old, AND an obnoxious Irishman! <smile> And most unworthy.

          Andreas

        • pwrbarrett@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 29, 2000
            In a message dated 9/29/2000 6:04:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
            eodell@... writes:

            << I am old, AND an obnoxious Irishman! <smile> And most unworthy. >>

            Dear Andreas,

            I'm only part Irish, but I think that Irish blood tends to take over.

            Sean O'Grada said something to the effect that an Irishman is
            always right, and if he changes his mind, he's still right. <G>

            I guess I've got unworthy and obnoxious covered, too, and I
            picked up a Biography magazine at my friend's house today
            and noticed that almost everybody in it was born since I got
            out of high school. I don't remember getting this old, but it
            slips up on you.

            Peace,

            Patrick Barrett