Light and Heat (WAS: The Rosary)

  • Ernest O'Dell
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 28, 2000
      Father bless!

      Like the sun, I can either generate "light" or "heat" with my response. I
      hope I don't generate any heat, as I am not always articulate in my
      thoughts, and I most generally do, indeed, generate heat.

      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 28, 2000
        In a message dated 9/28/2000 11:53:05 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        eodell@... writes:

        << Old obnoxios, and unworthy,
        Andreas >>

        Dear Andreas,

        You left out Irish.

        tu hermano,

        Patricio
      • LJames6034@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 28, 2000
          Forgive yourself, as well.

          Martin Luther used to make his confessions (this is before he began to
          misread the Epistle of St. James!) six, eight hours a day! Scrupulosity was
          not something he understood, apparently.

          Finally, his confessor said: "For God's sake, forgive yourself!"

          Father Andrew
        • Ernest O'Dell
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 29, 2000
            Why, yes! You are correct, Patrick.

            I am old, AND an obnoxious Irishman! <smile> And most unworthy.

            Andreas

          • pwrbarrett@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 29, 2000
              In a message dated 9/29/2000 6:04:54 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
              eodell@... writes:

              << I am old, AND an obnoxious Irishman! <smile> And most unworthy. >>

              Dear Andreas,

              I'm only part Irish, but I think that Irish blood tends to take over.

              Sean O'Grada said something to the effect that an Irishman is
              always right, and if he changes his mind, he's still right. <G>

              I guess I've got unworthy and obnoxious covered, too, and I
              picked up a Biography magazine at my friend's house today
              and noticed that almost everybody in it was born since I got
              out of high school. I don't remember getting this old, but it
              slips up on you.

              Peace,

              Patrick Barrett