Re: [orthodox-synod] Apologia pro sua vita

  • wilibrad@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2000
      Vladimir:
      I admire your forthrightness and honesty in your statement. It took a sober
      humility and courage to state what you did. Thank you.
      When I came from the Unia many years ago, the priest who received me into the
      Church did not disabuse me of praying the Latin Rosary. He only pointed out
      that as it evolved after the usage of Dominic Guzman it included the
      "Mysteries" and their reliance on fanciful imagination in prayer. He warned
      me that this was the dangerous part, not the repetition of the usual round of
      prayers.
      I still, on occasion, include this prayer in my Rule, only avoiding the
      "meditations" on the Mysteries that Father cautioned me about. I still recall
      the point of Faith, but do not "meditate" on then in the affective way common
      to the West.
      Reader Stephen