Re: Tedious and Tendentious, was: [orthodox-synod] conversion of Russia / Fat...

  • pwrbarrett@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 26, 2000
      In a message dated 9/27/2000 12:15:54 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      LJames6034@... writes:

      << I, myself, as a protective measure, have begun to espouse a restoration of
      the Stewart Monarchy represented (as is the House of Windsor) by a good
      German family. The Stewarts are now represented by the von Wittelsbachs of
      Bavaria, .....

      God save (whoever is The Pretender) The King Over the Water, as Scots were
      once wont to say! >>

      Reverend Father,

      Now you're talking! The rightful king is known as Prince Franz of
      Bavaria. His proper title, of course, is Francis II, by the grace of
      God of England, Scotland, France and Ireland King, Defender of
      the Faith. (Not our Faith, unfortunately.)

      This kind of thing can be cumbersome, though, as Jacobites
      are forced to rather contorted ways of referring to the Windsors.
      A certain lady who celebrated her 100th birthday last month,
      for instance, is not "the Queen Mother," but "the lady born
      Elizabeth Bowes-Lyon." But nobody ever said being right was
      easy. <G>

      Patrick B.