Re: [orthodox-synod] A STRATEGY OF GLOBALIZATION LEADERSHIP FOR RUSSIA 13 Sep...

  • deancascio@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 14 10:28 PM
      In a message dated 9/14/00 7:54:12 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
      LJames6034@... writes:

      <<
      I'm sorry, but I find this whole discussion curiously paranoid.

      Father Andrew

      Your only paranoid, if your wrong.
      Dean a sinner
    • pwrbarrett@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15 12:36 AM
        In a message dated 9/14/2000 10:54:14 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
        LJames6034@... writes:

        << When I was a boy at college, there was published what is called "The John
        Birch Society Marching Song." The following lyric is sung to the tune of
        The
        Battle Hymn of the Republic:

        "They are hiding in our closets. They are underneath our beds. This nation
        is infested with a hundred million Reds. . . ." >>

        Back then, that would have been at least half the population, no?

        Yeah, that is paranoid.
      • LJames6034@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 15 7:16 AM
          Once upon a time (July, 1989) I published an article AGAINST the French
          Revolution, The New America, the official publication of the John Birch
          Society. Bircher money spends just as though it were "tainted."

          So, I am not utterly opposed to those who can espouse a conspiracy theory to
          explain everything that goes wrong. However, being of a mystical bent, I
          also know that the Devil is alive and well, and living among us. Evil has a
          face.

          It will not surprise many of you that I think the French Revolution is the
          "focus of evil in the modern world," to borrow a phrase from Ronald Reagan,
          but it is difficult to impossible to get anyone to publish that view. The
          Accepted American version is: Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette got what they
          deserved. They were insensitive to the needs of the people.

          Americans can be seen to be particularly ungrateful for Louis's help, during
          our Revolution. Approximately two-thirds of the public debt of La France,
          14 July 1789 (the putative beginning of the French Revolution, a date
          established by a committee, in 1889), was occasioned by Louis's support of,
          and provisioning of American troops and the war machine here, from 1776 to
          1789.

          I have never understood American distaste for France. Yes, I know the French
          people have contempible attitudes. Le peuple a bas! But, King Louis XVI
          and Marie Antoinette (for whom Marietta, Ohio is named, by the way) were our
          friends, sometimes our Only Friends, during the American Revolution.

          We owe this mess to them!

          Father Andrew