A request for your prayers from Peter Clegg

  • Peter Clegg
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 7, 2000
      Some of you know me personally. Most of you do not. I have long
      followed the discussions on these lists and, in spite of often evident
      deep currents of disagreement on a variety of positions, there is much
      more that unites us as Orthodox Christians than separates us by
      ecclesiastical administrations. With the sincere belief that our common
      faith binds us and compels us to acts of charity, I come to you to ask
      for your prayers.

      In 1983, I lost my 30 year old wife, Vera, a native of St. Petersburg.
      Her death was unexpected. The cold war was still very much hot and her
      parents were unable to travel to the United States for her funeral and
      burial in Jordanville. Now her only brother is in critical condition in
      a St. Petersburg hospital.

      Slava was recently mugged and has suffered severe brain damage. The
      prognosis is uncertain. His condition is most serious as he drifts in
      and out of consciousness. Doctors are being extremely guarded. His
      mother, Evgeniya Ivanovna, a retired physician, is in daily attendance
      of him. She is much too old and infirm to be doing all that she is
      doing. Slava has a wife, Rita, and three children, Marina and Igor are
      in their twenties and Vera is 7. I ask your prayers for all of them,
      for myself, my daughter Larisa, and my wife Joan who has come to love
      and support my first wife's family unquestioningly.

      Thank you,

      Peter